Monday, January 25, 2010

Blogger ate my post

Hi new and much beloved Ivey Lane followers.

The anticipated and promised Bill and Reanne: or how to do almost every-fucking-thing wrong post, has been delayed due to unbe-fuckin'-leivable reasons beyond my control.

I wrote it today. It was, in my humble opinion, a fine piece of prose. Then, when I hit publish, I got an error message from Blogger and it is, quite frankly, gone. I'm going to try to write the story again over the week but today I happened to have a few hours to devote to it (it's a bit long, but seriously, a train-wreck like this event should not be short-changed) and I'll try to redo it this week.

In the meantime, please stay tuned.

FYI - This was the last straw for me with Blogger. I'm switching to Wordpress and will transfer stuff as soon as I can. If you've sent me an email or commented on a post, I'll send out a notification with the new URL when it's up.

Okay, now it's back to my Bud Light, deep fuckin' breathing, and Daily Show re-runs while I continue to come down from my technology induced rage.

Yours,
Ivey

5 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say hi and I'm a lurker :) I found u through hubman & veronica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send us your new link. We really enjoy reading your Blog. Our e-mail is davebarbtn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same thing happen and it is frustrating beyond belief! Good luck with the rewrite... look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always compose in Word, then copy and paste to blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smyles -- Thanks for stopping by and for delurking!

    Davebarbtn -- Glad you like it and will do!

    Babe -- Frustrating doesn't begin to describe the rage I felt last night. LOL BTW - saw the post where yours got ate too. Sucks, sucks, sucks!

    Buffalo -- Thanks for the suggesion. I tried it and it seems to work in wordpress but I couldn't do it in Blogger. Today, I rewrote the Bill and Reanne story in Word and it WOULD NOT, for the love of God, copy and paste. I'm fairly computer savy and couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Blogger forums were f#*kin' useless.

    I'm going to try to switch over this weekend.

    ReplyDelete