Wednesday, April 6, 2011

95&96-365 Meet Louisa

95-365 Monday: This is Louisa. She and her best beau Red have, for the second year in a row, made their nest right outside our back door. She has a couple of eggs in there and I think they may have just hatched (she's been a bit puffed up lately.) I have to tell you though, this is just frazzling my nerves. You see, last year they built the nest and hatched the chicks and within a week either a cat or a snake or something got into the nest. I am now so nervous I can't stand it. 
 96-365 Tuesday: I've decided to I want to try my  hand (or my feet, rather) at a 5k run. I haven't run in YEARS. In fact, I haven't run since the 8th grade. But I've wanted to give it a shot and see if I can do it. The training regimen has me gradually building up running vs. walking with the first day being run 1 minute, walk 1 minute and do that 10 times.

Yesterday was my first day in training and this is what happened to the sky just as I was finishing up.
I got an extra run in racing back to my house to beat the rain. Mother Nature motivates!

1 comment: