Friday, March 18, 2011

76&77-365 Proj 365 (and you ain't gonna believe this!)

Vince and I are off galavanting around the country so posting is going to be a bit sporadic. But since I don't want to get too far behind on Proj365, here are 76&77.

This fluffy fella belong's to friends of ours who we stopped in to visit. He really is excited to see us. This is what he looks like when he's thrilled.
This little (actually not so little; it's about 20 feet long) is a piece of metal art that was just sitting along the side of a road. I think I almost wrecked the rental car turning around to go back and snap this picture.
The next two are from Thurday and it was hard to narrow it down to just these. I had a ton of cool shots but these were the favorites. I'll also include these in my Somewhere in America Series. This is an old corn crib and next to a split rail fence. Like the previous SIA photo of the old home, I do love taking pictures of old things. That doesn't mean I'm nostalic for the past. I'm not. Personally, I think the best thing about the good old days is that they're gone.  But the stuff left behind is still cool.
Nature on the other hand is a totally different story. I'm a huge fan and supporter of maintaining natural places. BTW, this is what the the Dept. of Environmental Protection protects, preserving this patch of paradise is the "wasteful spending" that some folks in congress want get rid of. For those who want to eliminate funds to the National Park System, Fish and Wildlife, and those agencies needed to make sure we keep these natural resources healthy and available to the people, I have two words -- fuck you.
So for those of you still reading, you won't believe this -- Vince and I have been contacted by a unicorn. Not just any unicorn, but a smart, funny, pretty and totally cool unicorn. That's all I'm going to say for now. I don't want to jinx anything. But wow. Just wow.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scenery, wherever you guys are. Can't say it looks like Chicago (wink!). Have a safe trip and look forward to hearing more about this unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Will you be making your way to our neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete