Monday, March 28, 2011

86&87-365 It ain't braggin'....

Not a lot to report this weekend. I spent most of it working but Saturday eve Vince and I wandered downtown for a little vino and socializing.
Same thing on Sunday -- work. But took a break long enough to run to Target. While cruising the aisles looking for what we went there for I spotted this. Really? Someone needs a special device to make quesadillas? Are you freakin' serious? And then to pay $17.99?! Wow.
So I took my snotty self home and with a cast iron frying pan and a pot whipped up Parmesan Crusted Palliards (chicken) and tomatoes with creamy parm polenta and roasted asparagus.
Smug? Maybe. Delicious? Definitely! But another nugget of wisdom from my grandmother -- "It ain't braggin' if you can really do it."

1 comment:

  1. Veronica and I play a little game with some catalogs, we call it "find the stupidest gadget". I think the quesadilla maker should be on that list!

    Your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete