Monday, January 17, 2011

17-365 Wrapping up a nice weekend

So while Vince presses on with the floor refinishing project I've been holed up in my office working on a big project with a looming deadline. And lemme tell ya, I've been stuck. I HATE that. Without going in to too much boring detail, I've had writer's block. But on Saturday Vincent said the magic words that got me unstuck and now I'm a flurry of creativity again. Whew!!

Still, a girl needs to get out of the house/office so when some friends texted with an offer to join them at House of Blues for a concert we took 'em up on it. Thing is, we didn't quite get the planning right so while they enjoyed the sold out show, we indulged in a little Louisiana-style cookin'. After the concert, we met for drinks and that explains how we ended up with about 5 - 6 hours sleep last night.

For those who don't know,the Cirque du Soliel venue is right across the pathway from House of Blues. I just thought this was a cool image of their sun logo.


And last but not least, here's a photo of the raw, sanded heart pine floor. For those that don't know, heart pine is old growth pine. It's very dense, very hard, and has a very tight grain. These floors were installed in the '40s and they have plenty of character! (aka flaws, damage, etc.) But dang, they're going to be pretty. I hope the tenants will appreciate them. PS -- I didn't actually take this photo. Vince did.
For the rest of the week I'll probably be pretty quiet except for the photos. It's buckle-down time around here!


2 comments:

  1. Seemed like fun. Nice photos!
    Cheers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to do the floors here also. Do you guys travel? ;)

    ReplyDelete