Thursday, January 6, 2011

6-365 On the road

Yesterday I had to make a little road trip (about 3.5 hours) to see a client. Near the end of the drive as I'm about 20 minutes from the client's site, you have to drive over this bridge.
Ten minutes later, you're here. The last ten minutes of the drive is four miles of this road. Purdy, ain't it?
And on this road are numerous old Florida Tabby ruins. For those of you who don't know, Tabby is a type of building material, like cement, that is made from crushed and semi-crushed oyster shells. The skill to build Tabby dwellings and other such structures came with enslaved Africans. When they got here, the Timucua and Tequesta Indians had left HUGE piles of oyster shell middens (essentially garbage heaps) which became the raw materials.
As for getting back to the regular routine, I'm ready. I not only have work that I have to do I have work that I WANT to do. Vince and I have a few potential swinger type nights to arrange and look forward to, he has a few gigs lined up so I can get back into groupie mode. I have a numerous regular dinner party gatherings to set up and a few house projects I want to check off the list. The holidays are over; now it's just January! Whew!


2 comments:

  1. And yes, I just realized today is Thursday and I completely forgot about HNT. As you can see, I'm still not back to "normal" in the New Year. LOL Check out the HNT crowd over at www.osbasso.blogspot.com and enjoy! I sure did. :)

    ReplyDelete